Thursday, August 27, 2009

A slight hiccup

To make this easier I will apply fictional names to my friends, ex-girlfriends, co-workers, etc. so I do not have to keep explaining each one.

Well I am sorry to say that last night I slipped up. David and I were walking through our local mall, Sears to be specific. David is one of the two friends who is aware of my lifestyle change, the other being Tim. David and I saw two very pretty girls and he smiled and told me to go say hi. I laughed and kept walking, realizing after a few steps that he had stopped. He looked at me and said, "Do it". To which I instinctively responded, "No". What you need to know about me is that I am not that guy, normally. I do not walk up to strange women to just strike up conversation.

David simply nodded and we kept walking. I could sense his disappointment. I suppose up to last night I had just assumed that I was the only person who even cared about this. But I just realized, David cared, he wanted me to succeed in this. We stopped and grabbed an Icee and I left him and went to Wal-Mart. As I walked around, I thought about my failure and how I could make it up. Then it struck me.

I hopped in my car and rushed to go see David. I told him that I had come up with a suitable punishment and means to ensure that I cannot say "No" to that request again. If he tells me to go talk to a woman and I hesitate or say no, he has every right and my blessing to go introduce me against my will. I am not allowed to complain or deny him the right to do this. This will force me to be more outgoing and open, whether I like it or not.

Also I am now collecting Icee points from Mrs. Field's, at David's suggestion. Sigh.

Say yes today!

No comments:

Post a Comment